These are exceptional days and I pray for the safety of all.
The federal government has announced a relief package during the COVID0-19 pandemic.
Many do not know about these incentives and even more, are looking at how to apply for it.
Here is information for you if you need it and you can share it with your contacts for their benefit.
The Globe and Mail writes;
Anyone looking to apply for the new EI benefits, can visit the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) website and follow the five steps.
- Gather supporting documents – You must have your records of employment (ROEs), but a medical certificate won’t be necessary for those who have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine. Service Canada advises people to apply right away even if you don’t have these documents as you can send them in later.
- Complete the online application– This includes making sure you have: the names and addresses of your employers in the last 52 weeks, the dates employed with each employer and the reasons you’re no longer employed, and personal information including mailing address, Social Insurance Number (SIN), and banking information.
- Provide supporting documents- You can visit My Service Canada Account (MSCA) to view ROEs that have been issued to you by past and current employers.
- Receive access code by mail – Service Canada will mail you a benefit statement, which includes a 4-digit access code. You need this code and your SIN to get updates about your application and to complete biweekly reports.
- Review your application status
Please call me (416-908-5600) or email me (email@example.com) if you need any more information.
You may go the following URL to read the full article;